Online Roulette SG: Where to Play & Gamble 2019
Roulette is an easy-to-play casino game that requires players to bet on the numbers on the roulette wheel, and wait for the ball to stop on the chosen number spot. Players will be presented with a non-sequentially ordered numbers on the wheel and the table. Bets can be placed either on a single number or a set of numbers combined together. It comes in many variants such as the European Roulette, French Roulette and the American Roulette. It is also made available in live dealer casino game versions which makes online gaming more interactive and lively over other casino games. Online roulette offers high level of mobility and entertainment as well since these can be played on mobile and desktop computers. Among these online roulette versions, American Roulette offers a bigger advantage for casino players, thanks to the two zeroes. Just like other casino games available online, online roulette is playable in free demo version, or in real money mode. When one wants to play the real money casino version of the game, the interested player should sign up for an account, deposit funds, lock in the bets and wait for the ball to stop and settle in the chosen slot.
Different Types of Online Roulette
Online roulette comes in different types so choosing the best type is just one of the key decisions players have to make. With a wide array of casino games online, players can choose from American, European or live roulette versions. Each version has its own advantages and disadvantages but they are all intended to give players fun, excitement and winnings.
- American Roulette. The American Roulette features a roulette wheel with 38 numbers inclusive of numbers 1 through 36, a single zero (0) and a double zero (00). Numbers are not arranged in orderly sequence. Out of 38, 18 numbers are in red color, another set of 18 numbers are in black color and the single and double zeros are in green color. Separated into three columns, the numbers on the American Roulette wheel are replicated on the roulette board in a consecutive sequencing. The game can be played by up to eight players at the same time. A croupier represents the online casino, and spins the wheel once all players have already made their final bets. And once the ball has landed on a certain number slot, the croupier announces the winning numbers, pays the winner and prepare for another round of bets and spins.
- European Roulette. European Roulette is another type of online roulette. This type of online roulette has a single zero (0) while the double zero (0) is not present here. The numbers come in non-sequential order from 0 to 36. The slot for the single zero is in color green, 18 numbers are in color black, while the other 18 numbers are in red color. Online European roulette traced its roots in France and it is one of the most authentic version of the game that can be found online. As the odds of winning in European Roulette increases, there is also significant decrease in the stakes. The house edge for European roulette is 2.7 percent, while the American roulette has 5.27 percent. This means that players can have smaller losses in European Roulette compared to the American Roulette. Besides the numerical differences of the European and the American variety, it also has cultural differences and gaming options. European roulette players can have the choice to pay the croupier to choose the starting point on the wheel. In addition, European Roulette accepts culturally ingrained formalities such as the “la partage” rule. In this rule, players are allowed to leave their bets “in prison” state after a spin of 0. Now, if the bet will win on the subsequent spin, the stake of the player is returned. If not, the stake is forfeited.
How to Play Online Roulette
Online roulette is comprised of three main components to look after including the roulette wheel, ball and the roulette board. Features of the board may differ depending on the variety of roulette being dealt with. The numbers are either in red, black or green, inclusive of numbers from 1 to 36, single zero and double zero. American Roulette is the only variety with double zero feature. Numbers are categorized into Odd or Even, which means players can bet on one up to 18 numbers out of 38. This also means that single 0 and double 00 are neither considered odd or even. Betting can be done in a line of numbers, a column of numbers, or a set of numbers forming a square pattern. Wagering categories for online roulette can be inside bets or outside bets. Outside bets are the bets surrounding the board and these include Even, Odd, first dozen, second dozen, third dozen, column bets, red and black. Inside bets are the numbers appearing on board and these include 0, 00 and numbers from 1 to 36. Aside from these bets, players can count on the following popular bets:
- Red/Black. As the name suggests, you are making a bet on whether the ball will land in red or black area. The odds of winning here is less than 50 percent because 0 and 00 are neither red or black.
- Odd/Even. Here, you are betting on an odd or even number will be picked as the winning area.
- High/Low. The player will bet that the ball will fall in 19-36 range (high) or in 1-18 range (low).
- Street. This is an example of an inside bet in roulette, focused on a row of three consecutive numbers, like 1 to 3.
- Corner. Instead of betting on one or three consecutive numbers, the Corner will allow you to bet on four numbers that are arranged in a square. This is another example of an inside bet, and the token is often placed in the intersection of the four numbers.
For novice players, it is highly recommended to go for the outside bets first. This can give players the hint on what numbers usually pop up most often. Once the right adjustments have been made, then the player can explore the inside bets. Once bets are locked in, the players have to hit the ‘Spin’ or ‘Deal’ button. This design and the location of this button will depend on the type of roulette game, or the casino operator. Once you click this button, the roulette wheel starts to spin, and the ball will initiate its movement. Once the ball eventually stops in one or more numbered pockets, it formalizes who wins in the game and who loses. Once the ball falls into your bet, winnings will be paid out depending on your bet.
What Makes Live Roulette Different from European and American Varieties
Aside from the highly popular European and American versions of online roulette, players can also try out the live dealer version of the game. The live dealer roulette game is considered by experts as the natural evolution in the development of roulette games. Today, some of the leading online casinos now offer live roulette, and this game is known to offer real-time and authentic roulette experience. Compared to the traditional roulette games that are playable online, live roulette game does not depend on a Random Number Generator (RNG) to come up with results. Instead of the RNG technology, actual human dealers are the ones who spin the wheel exactly just like the gameplay in land-based casinos. Using a webcam, the live dealers of the roulette and the subsequent actions that they perform are streamed online. The player watches and participates in the casino action in a remote area, powered by high-speed internet and the use of multiple cameras. Just like in other roulette versions, live dealer roulette features the same rules and bets. The difference is that live dealer roulette is known for its live setting, and the participation of human dealers who take charge of the action in a remote location.
Strategies and Tips to Remember When Playing Online Roulette
Having a strategy is also beneficial in winning with online roulette. In fact there are a number of popular and classic strategies that are published online, and each strategy has its own merits. A popular strategy is called the Martingale online roulette strategy. The main purpose of the strategy is to double one’s bet after every loss. Others claim that the Fibonacci sequence can also serve as a great way to place wagers in online roulette. The strategy is based on the famed Mathematical sequence, like 1,1,2,3 and 5 and so on. Aside from these regular strategies, it’s also best to come up with an informed and responsible money and bankroll management. Players have to keep in mind that even if they are playing online and not with a physical casino, they should never bet more than they can afford to lose. It’s best to identify an amount that you are willing to lose so you can enjoy the game of online roulette.